Rock Island Armory 1911

Rock Island Armory 1911

Upon disassembly I found few if any metal shavings no excessive lube and a tight fit. No blemishes on finish and the grips match in grain and color.

The stove pipes were not the "lock slide and shake" type. I couldn't even drop the mag (one with each magazine BTW). They were wedged in the feed lips and against the ejection port and chamber. I had to use my brass poker/screwstick and most of my fingers to manipulate them out. I then got spooked and launched another 4 mags of WWB downrange without incident.....exhale. I ran the rest of the UMC out to eradicate them from inventory without notable problems, but the failure to fire was enough to turn me off of this brand...again. I had problems with their .380 ammo with my Bersa and that thing eats everything.

I have read many posts concerning hammer/slide bite and I did not experience that, although there was some faint tingling in the web of my hand. Fortunately the smell of gunpowder in the evening has an anesthetic effect on me. Upon investigation I found the grip safety has some sharp edges and I broke most of those with some (very) fine sandpaper. There is one spot where the safety pivots into the frame that I will have to remove with the safety out of the pistol.

No comments:

Post a Comment